Our client, an international company, is looking for an experienced
Job duties and responsibilities :
- Lead on the registration of all voluntary contributions from National Societies and other third-party donors in IFRC’s appeals and pledge management system (APPLE)
- Review, evaluate, and validate each pledge for accuracy in donor information, funding source, currencies, amount, earmarking requirements, reporting and invoice request against its supporting documents before the pledge is registered in APPLE to ensure compliance with IFRS income recognition standards.
- Ensure interpretation of pledge contractual terms in donor agreements, in specific areas such as contingent assets and impact
- on deferred income are compliant with IFRC’s income recognition accounting policies and IFRS requirements, and accrued income is recognised in the correct financial periods (materially accurate cut-off)
- Return incomplete and/or incorrect pledges to PRD focal points in the Regional Offices or Geneva.
- Monitor and follow up with PRD focal points that pledges are registered on a timely basis to ensure latest income appears in relevant donor reports, such as “Donor Response report” on the public website
- Ensure pledges and the relevant supporting documentation such as grants, agreements, budgets, and annexes as well as the communications exchanged between the IFRC and the donor entities pledging the funds are properly filed electronically in APPLE
- Link and reconcile cash contributions received to existing pledges registered in APPLE. Where there is a discrepancy, liaise with PRD focal point for corrective action. Follow up as necessary to ensure that any needed pledge amendments are accurately recorded in APPLE
- Assess validity of pledge revisions, including timeframe, amount, financial reports, project allocations and earmarking, and record agreed changes in APPLE
- Implement authorised pledge cancellations and write offs based on either approved decision papers and/or approval from respective donors. Notify the reduction of income in specific projects to the relevant project managers
- Coordinate the preparation and follow-up of periodic pledge reviews with the Regional Finance and Administration Managers/Finance Business Partners to ensure completeness and accuracy of voluntary contribution data recorded in IFRC’s financial systems (APPLE)
- Archive and file / coordinate pledges
- Ensure support to internal and external audit processes, and contribute to implementation of audit recommendations
Chart of Accounts maintenance
- Maintain pledge status in pledge management system, including closing, freezing, reactivating closed pledges. Ensure such changes are supported with the necessary documentation
- Validate requests for new donor codes. Create new codes as required and inform relevant internal stakeholders
Finance systems and accounts
- Collaborate with Finance Processes and Systems colleagues where discrepancies arise from automated interface transactions. Follow up to ensure corrective action is taken
- Input to development and upgrade of APPLE system as required.
- Contribute to the enhancement and/or development of IFRC policies and procedures related to pledges and voluntary income.
- Support the application and implementation of IFRC policies, procedures, and systems related to pledge registration
- Monitor and report to line management on compliance with IFRC policies, and procedures on income recognition
Communications and advice
- Collaborate and communicate with Partnership Resource Development in Geneva and regions related to pledges
- Collaborate with staff across the IFRC providing them with support and technical advice to ensure adherence and compliance to IFRC policies and procedures related to pledges
- Deliver training to staff across the IFRC on the pledge process including how to complete a pledge, and how to interpret donor funding contracts for income recognition
Cover and support
- As requested by supervisor, provide support for accounts receivable officers tasks.
- Relevant University degree
- Recognised qualification in accounting
- Minimum of 5 years in an accounting position
- Experience in working in a multinational, multicultural environment, either in a major commercial company or for an international organization
- Fluently spoken and written English
Date de création :
Si ce poste vous intéresse et que vous correspondez parfaitement au profil recherché,
envoyez au plus vite votre CV à
Star(t) Emploi SA
qui le traitera dans les meilleurs délais en toute confidentialité.
Toutes nos offres sont ouvertes sans distinction, aux femmes comme aux hommes.