Our client, an international company, is looking for an experienced
Trade Finance Officer
- Ensure physical transactions originated by the Trading and under his geographical or product responsibility are financed by Banks;
- Bring support to Front desks for the structuration and operations of their deals;
- Maximize financings and monetization of assets in relation with Trading activity, while avoiding cash traps.
- Responsible, within pre-defined banking facilities, to find adequate financing for new physical transactions and provide financial follow up/up-dates to banks once deals are placed;
- Follow up of deals internally in order to give adequate instructions in respect of all collateral to be collected / issued in favour of our banks (invoices, BLs, notification of LCs, PUs, guarantees etc…)
- Responsible for the review of import LCs prepared by LC Dept. prior to have them sent to relevant financing bank for issuance by providing internal visas;
- Coordinate with Treasury the setting up of loans and their renewals whenever necessary and follow up receivables collection (including supervising with LC Desk discounts under LCs).
- Monitor exposure on certain counterparts to be within pre-established internal limits and responsible for (i) advising management whenever needed and (ii) providing credit risk reports on regular basis;
- Follow up payment process of receivables with Trading and whenever necessary, contact Financial Departments of our counterparts and/or their respective banks;
- Whenever necessary search for means of cover such as bank silent guarantees or credit insurance with Insurance Dept. to mitigate AESA payment risk (export side) or performance risk (import side);
- Review financial clauses of contracts issued by Operation Desk whenever needed.
- Inform Trading about financing costs in relation with a deal whenever needed and input them in Nova.
- Control whenever necessary with Treasury Dept. debit advices received from banks.
- Prepare calculation of late interest’s penalties to be raised to clients and issue invoices to affiliates.
- Responsible to provide banks within our TPAs with adequate hedging to secure financings granted on physical transactions
- Excellent communication skills
- Team spirit
- Sense of initiative
- Ability to work in large organisation and interact with different profiles
Know-how and experience required:
- Minimum 5 years previous working experience in a bank’s Trade Finance Department or in a Trading Company
- Degree in Economics or equivalent
- Master in Commodity Trading from UNIGE, a plus
- Working knowledge of Trade Financial Instrument (letters of credit, guarantees, bill of exchange)
- Working Knowledge of specific aspect of international Trade (such as incoterms)
- Working knowledge of foreign exchange
- Fluent in French and English (oral and writing)
Date de création : 03.09.2021
Si ce poste vous intéresse et que vous correspondez parfaitement au profil recherché,
envoyez au plus vite votre CV à Star(t) Emploi SA
qui le traitera dans les meilleurs délais en toute confidentialité.
Toutes nos offres sont ouvertes sans distinction, aux femmes comme aux hommes.